We offer a range of mentoring, training and facilitation opportunities that are designed to develop the thinking, skills and understanding of members of governing bodies, staff and volunteers.
The team has been helping and advising heritage and cultural organisations for many years to get better at what they do. Our approach is based on developing others to learn and reflect.
We provide mentoring support to organisations developing organisational capacity, skills and resilience. This work is often undertaken as part of the NLHF Resilient Heritage Grants, AIM Sustainability Grants, AIM Hallmarks. Clients have included:
- Plant Heritage Trust
- Pen Museum, Birmingham
- Cowper and Newton Museum
- New Forest Centre
- Severndroog Castle
- Abingdon Abbey Buildings
Other workshops and facilitation programmes include:
- Mentoring Boards of Trustees on strategic planning and governance issues
- Supporting accreditation applications and mentoring through the planning process required for accreditation
- Evaluation planning
- Learning reviews – helping organisations to reflect on what they do and develop plans to improve learning outcomes
- Learning for volunteers – based on a toolkit, with Training the Trainer option
- Play and Learn – family activities that do more than amuse